Waterworks Museum Family Fun Days
CANCELLED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS RISK, PLEASE READ THEIR FULL STATEMENT HERE.
Family Fun Days At The Waterworks Museum are a great opportunity to see all engines working while enjoying great family things to do and see.
- Sunday 29th March: First Sunday open day in 2020
- Sunday 31st May: Museum open all engines working
- Sunday 28th June: Museum open all engines working
- Sunday 9th August: Museum open all engines working
- Sunday 25th October: Museum open all engines working
Whatever the weather, there is something to offer all visitors including family groups with children.
The Waterworks Museum traces the history of drinking water from the cave-dwellers up to the present day through wonderful working engines, superb display panels, guidebooks and films and the knowledge shared by the Museum’s volunteers. Classified by English Heritage as “a site of clear national importance”, the Museum is home to the oldest working triple-expansion steam engine in the UK and probably has the widest range of working pumps and engines.
The Noel Meeke Heritage Water Park is unique in the UK and is aimed primarily at young people but ALL visitors are encouraged to enter and have a go with the historic water devices. Here visitors can interact with full-size devices for lifting, pumping, moving and filtering water which have been used down the generations. In a totally safe environment children can have immense fun and learn at the same time the difficulties of obtaining water in days gone by.
Dogs will be permitted in the museum grounds providing they are on a leash and do not disturb other visitors (but, except for assistance dogs, not in the Museum building or in the Heritage Water Park).
Further details for events/open days in 2020
• The Museum is open every Tuesday from 11am – 4pm. New in 2020: Between April – October additional engines can be seen in
operation (but not the steam engines).
• On a family open-day the Museum is open from 12-4pm, with all engines working from 1pm.
• FREE ADMISSION FOR: (i) Visitors under 16; (ii) Essential carers attending with a disabled visitor; (iii) Museum Members.
• New for 2020: Buy an Annual Adult Pass at Reception (£10) and gain 12 months’ free admission from date of purchase
• The children’s Heritage Water Park will normally be open between March and October 2020.
• Please monitor the Museum website and Facebook/Twitter for possible other special attractions on family open-days.
Learn more about Hereford
Fees & Tickets
Adults £7.00, Seniors £6.00 and Children 16+ £2.00, Children under 16 FREE
Event LocationWaterworks Museum - Hereford Broomy Hill, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4 0LJ
Organiser: Waterworks Museum – Hereford